A Sabbath Of The Start Of Rebirth
- February 1-2
- Brigid’s Day, Feast of Torches, Feast of Pan, Snowdrop Festival, Feast of the Waxing Light, & many more.
- Halfway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox.
- Key Ritual operates- fire & light, milk & cake.
- Animals that are associated: groundhogs, badgers, sheep, and lambs.
- Activities for all ages- Brigid’s Cross a sign of goodwill and peace. Also, Brigid straw doll which represents fertility and abundance.
Imbolc is a time of reflection. A time of solitude and reflection of the season we are leaving. We have seen & felt the wrath of winter. Now we must think and plan for the spring to come. –Arkansas Pagans