“Wisdom is one of the few things that looks bigger the further away it is.”
A mirror does one thing
Look Deeper Into The Mirror
Self-Reflection is key to growing oneself. How are you to know if you don’t stop and step out of your own box? When we reflect on our life we are typically in our own boxes. Particularly this is a problem because all we can see is what is around us; our neighbors, our friends, family, and even co-workers’ lives. We automatically judge ourselves and others. Step out of your box and look at YOUR box inside and out.
- Make two columns. Label column 1. good qualities & then label column 2. bad qualities. In order for this to really take effect, you have to be honest. Not with me, your friend, or even your doctor but yourself.
Answer this while you are in your self-reflection meditation:
- Are you happy with your life?
- Are you happy or content?
- If you are not happy with it or satisfied, what do you need to do to make it better?
Last year I did the same reflection and today I can say proudly, I am not just satisfied where I am in life but I am filled with joy on a daily basis! Happiness doesn’t happen overnight. Like money in the bank, you have to do the work to receive it.
What makes YOU happy? What are the things you enjoy? How can you bring your happiness to reality? Come on think… Walking? Writing? Crafts? Coffee (yes, please)?Don’t just think small, think large! Education? Strong bonds? Loose ends cut? Better career? A home?
- Being a hobby. 2. Being part of everyday growth- Education, a better career, etc.
3. Connections with others.
Blessed Be & Happy Holidays